úterý 25. listopadu 2008

451° F

Sometimes I'm ancient. I'm afraid of children my own age. They kill each other. Did it always used to be that way? My uncle says no. Six of my friends have been shot in the last year alone. Ten of them died in car wrecks. I'm afraid of them and they don't like me because I'm afraid.
Ray Bradbury – Fahrenheit 451

Někdy si připadám hrozně stará. Bojím se dětí mého věku. Zabíjí se navzájem. Bylo to tak vždycky? Můj strýček říká, že ne. Šest mých přátel bylo loni zastřeleno. Deset jich zahynulo při bouračce. Bojím se jich a oni mě nenávidí, protože z nich mám strach.
Ray Bradbury – 451 stupňů Fahrenheita

I plunk the children in school nine days out of ten. I put up with them when they come home three days a month; it's not bad at all. You heave them into the 'parlour' and turn the switch. It's like washing clothes; stuff laundry in and slam the lid.
Ray Bradbury – Fahrenheit 451

Devět dní z deseti z deseti jsou děti ve škole. Jsem s nimi, když přijedou domů, tři dny za měsíc: to není vůbec špatné. Posadíš je před televizi a zapneš knoflík. Je to jako prát v pračce; nacpeš dovnitř prádlo a zavřeš víko.
Ray Bradbury – 451 stupňů Fahrenheita

Žádné komentáře: